An Experiment

Thursday 17 January 2013
Hi everyone, have you got snow???  We have still got some lingering and the school run was like dancing on ice but I think we are expecting more tomorrow :-(  I don't mind it as long as I don't have to go out in it lol !

On my to-do list this weekend is to get round to returning comments to the lovely people who have left them and thank you to Sarah who left me a comment about using Google Chrome to be able to insert images into my blog again....thanks hun....it worked !

Next week I will be able to show you my first ever DT card for http://www.craftyboots.com/, I can't wait to show you, I am really pleased with it.  It is using a brand of images I've never used before but it was really fun to colour.

Today I just want to show you a little experiment I tried, not sure if it really worked but I had seen something ages ago in a craft magazine about colouring in black and white and I thought it looked amazing.  The lady had used pencils but I tried it with my Cool Grey Copics (C-1, C-2, C-3, C-5 and C-7) to see how it would work and I'm still not sure.  I decided at the end that it looked a bit flat so I used some RV000 to add a bit of highlighting here and there.  At the moment it is sat in my box of coloured images....it may appear on a card near you sometime soon lol !



BTW it's a Tiddly Inks image:-)

Been thinking about Megs all morning, she has been building up to this morning I think all week.  Started off the week at the school gate, she wasn't keen on going in but didn't cry, Tuesday she ran back to me for another cuddle but still didn't cry, yesterday a couple of times running back to me before she would go in and then today....we just couldn't get her to go in, poor Mrs Gill had a struggle getting her to go in she was crying so bad.  I had to walk away and leave her and it breaks my heart doing it but if I hang around she just runs back to me.  I know she will be fine once she gets in there but I wonder if she will ever get over it :-(

Anyhow have a lovely day

Shelly xx

2 comments:

Faye said...

Trust me, she'll get over it and the best thing you can do to get to that point is walk away. The teachers are used to it and can deal with upset child better when Mummy is not there. Fab colouring, looks awesome. X

Fiona said...

yep i agree with Faye...you need to be strong and walk away!! I used to work in a school and this is normal!!

Fabby colouring btw!!

Fi
x

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)