Crafty Sentiments Designs - Little Polly I Love Rain

Tuesday 23 June 2015
Hi there everyone

It's Day 5 of the new release stamps over at Crafty Sentiments Designs and this is my first DT project for them.  They are releasing 5 brand new characters and today I am showcasing the gorgeous Little Polly I Love Rain stamp.  They are all available in the shop today.

We were asked to produce something other than a card so I decided that in keeping with the image I would make a Rainy Day Book.  When it is raining at school and Megs can't go out to play they have a rainy day book that they work in so I took the idea from there to create my own.

I have used a blank 8 x 8 ring bound kraft scrapbook for mine, although you could use any blank book you have available (if your house is anything like mine you will have many !)



I coloured my image with copics and die cut it into a circle before making a light blue dotty background with my pen tips.

The papers are from the Sunny Side Up paper pad from Lilli of the Valley and it is one of my favourite paper pads of the moment, I am definitely going to have to buy a couple more !

I have matted everything onto red cardstock and added some faux stitching with white and blue gel pens.

The clouds are cut from the Memory Box Puffy Clouds die and I've embossed them with polka dots to make them stand out a bit more before mounting them with foam pads.

Some ribbons and buttons to finish off and there you have it.  It now has pride of place in Megan's room for her to fill with random stuff that takes her fancy !

Hope you all have a lovely day

Shelly xx


4 comments:

jane stillman said...

A beautiful cover for your book. Love the papers and image

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous love the cute image and lovely papers.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Brawny x said...

Wow stunning work x

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant this is a fab project loving the new stamps your design and colours are lovely love and hugs Carole x

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)