Somewhere over the Rainbow

Sunday 7 February 2016
Hey there everyone, I'm here to brighten up your Sunday with a new card I made yesterday for My Mum's Craft Shop.  I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend.

It was pouring down all day in the North East yesterday so what better day to do some crafting right?  It was my birthday last week and I was lucky enough to get some of the brand new MFT dies from my hubby and I couldn't wait to play.


I made a sky background panel using watercolour paints but I ended up covering most of it up in the end so you can only just to say see it at the top.

I started off die cutting my clouds from white cardstock using the MFT Stitched Cloud Edges die which is available here.  I only stuck them down at the edges so I could slot my rainbow and sunshine behind them before glueing them down at the end.

I cut my rainbow using the Stitched Rainbow die which you can buy here and played around for ages before I was happy with the colours lol!  While I was sticking it down I had the 'red and yellow and pink etc. etc. rainbow song going round in my head!!

The sunshine is also from MFT and it's available here.

I die cut my letters using the same colours to match the rainbow and then added some white faux stitching around them with a gel pen.  You can't really tell on the photo but I've added spots of glitter all over my clouds....because who says clouds can't be glittery right !

I absolutely love how it has turned out and it really did brighten up a dreary day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Shelly xx

1 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Happy birthday for last week hope you enjoyed it. Love your gorgeous new dies your card is just fabulous love and hugs Carole x

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)